Friday, December 2, 2011

You completed Cycle 2. おめでとう!(Congratulations!) Please reflect on the cycle. You will write what exercises in your plan that you did, how successful you were in achieving your goals, what difficulties you encountered, etc.
Cycle 3 is the last cycle of PE in this semester. Think what aspects in your pronunciation/speaking/listening you want to improve more by the end of this semester. Then, write your goals to improve your pronunciation (focusing on prosody), speaking and listening. Also, write concrete activities to achieve these goals.

I feel that this Cycle I have started encountering some minor issues with my usage of pitch, particularly at the end of the sentences. Usually, I feel that I can more or less grasp the intonation intuitively, but I felt that particularly with the usage of the dictionary form, I was beginning to have some trouble with the pitch at the end of the questions. Also, I have realized that my ability to speak Japanese on the spot when I answer questions is rather slow, and I feel that I can vastly improve this in the next cycle. Unfortunately, I was unable to do the anime shadowing exercises that I had planned for this Cycle. However, my other goals, I felt were reasonably well met.

I feel that as always, my listening skills are relatively well off, and as such don't require much practice from my input. However, my pronunciation is going to have to get a little better, especially with respect to the pitch endings of questions with the dictionary form. My speaking is a little too halting for my taste, and I'm going to definitely try to get comfortable just answering questions without too much of a break between responses. In order to accomplish these goals, I'm going to shadow at least twice or three times anime so that I can get a sense of what the natural way of saying a lot of common phrases is. As far as speaking, I recently discovered my hall mate speaks fluent japanese, so I've been talking with her in Japanese, and I feel like that's a significant help towards my fluency and comfortableness with the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment